Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Living Language Series

I bought the whole Living Language series on Irish a while back. It comes with 3 books, CD's and a notebook of paper.


I bought it because I heard it had lots of writing exercises for each lesson and I really feel that writing exercises are important for me. I can't learn how to spell anything if I don't have writing exercises, just like I can't memorize words unless I know how to pronounce them. It is just the way my brain works.
I am about half way through the first book and have found it to be pretty good. Not really as many exercises as I had hoped for but a lot more than you get with some other books. It seems to build one lesson on the other but you do have to study the vocabulary.
The only flaw I see in it is that it tells you the prepositions but doesn't give exercises for them, it just kind of glides on past them and you see a preposition later once in a while. Prepositions are not my strong suit so I had hoped to get more practice at them but it isn't going to happen with these books.
I listen to the CD's in my car and that has helped me to understand what I hear quite a bit better. It's a pretty good series to get and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment